Monday, August 8, 2011

Yuba Lake with some amazing people

Have you ever been to Yuba Lake? I have often passed the sign outside of Nephi (Exit 202), but never been. This past week I had the opportunity to join my friends from my YSA ward at Yuba. It was so so fun! We spent our days at the Lake in boats, on the tramp and in the pebbles. We had scrumptious food thanks to the Clarkson's. I met lots of new people and learned things about myself that I didn't even know. One day on the boat, my dear friend Ashley informs me that I am a big flirt. I had never thought of myself as a flirt...I usually despise the girls who talk to every boy and play with their emotions. Have I become one of those girls in my old age? When we got back to camp I talked to my friends and it was unanimous I am a big flirt. I guess I like to have fun and we all know that I am friendly so I guess it was bound to happen.
As many of you know my Uncle Reed is in the bishopric of my Singles Ward. At first I was pretty apprehensive about this...I like to have my space. I have actually enjoyed it. On this trip I was able to get to know my aunt and uncle better. When I was younger we used to do things together, but that stopped once everyone was teenagers.
I am constantly amazed how you can put a group of LDS Singles who are acquainted and end up with budding friendships. I knew a about half of the group on the way down to Yuba and now I feel like I know most of them. I gained a lot of new friends...guys and girls. I am ecstatic about it! So grateful for my religion and the many blessings it brings. The church is true! Have a wonderful Monday...off to get ready for school. Ah I am getting nervous.

1 comment:

  1. YES OH YES Michelle, you have ALWAYS been a flirt. It is not an "old age" thing. But don't worry I have always been this way too, even being titled "biggest flirt" in the 9th grade. I don't think you should worry, you do respect others and their feelings and you are super friendly. Translation:flirt. (At least that is what it seems to be called when you are talking with/interested in others male or female for that matter.) You are great.

    ReplyDelete