Sunday, July 7, 2019

Grief

It’s been 2 weeks since I said Goodbye to my brother Will. It’s been a really hard 2 weeks. I’ll never hear Will crack a stupid joke, try and convince Amy to make him a meal or see his face light up when he saw his daughter.



Grief is an ongoing roller coaster. One minute I’m perfectly fine and the next I’m crying over Will’s dirty socks on the floor.   I had a lot of peace after Will passed because I knew he was with Pop and he was happy.  But now as the 2nd week ends it’s not that easy. I think about the adventures Will is missing out on. I even miss Will’s snoring and he snored loud.

I do have some things to be grateful for.
I know I will see Will again. I hope he knows how much I love him. I wish I would have helped him more and shown more love.  I hate the guilt associated with that....but I’m hoping he knows I love him.
It’s also nice to have another Angel in heaven watching over me and our family.
I am most grateful for the impact Will left on others.   Many listeners, friends and co workers have reached out to tell us how wonderful Will was. He was a friend to all. Even the 7-11 workers...who have probably been missing him dearly.
Will’s friend Ben said it best, “Will had a gift for interacting with complete strangers and making them feel comfortable.”  I’m proud to say he’s my brother. I miss him so much but his legend with always live on in my heart and memories.

Maybe BYU football will have a fantastic season because Grandpa and Will are cheering from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment