Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer Celebrations

What I am actually writing a blog post? I know it is a little crazy. I just haven't had anything fun and exciting to post.
Let's see...
School is out for the summer! Wahoo! I had a great group of kids this year. Some were harder than others but I really do enjoy my job.
Birthday celebrations have been in full swing at our house. My mom had a birthday on the 12th. Since I was going to be in Moab we celebrated a day earlier at Sizzler. Grandma and Carter joined us. Carter has become quite the character. He loves outdoor equipment. He chainsawed his roll with sound effects of course. He has a pretend chainsaw, lawnmower, weed wacker, leaf blower. He is hilarious with them.
My mom in Kindergarten
Carter and Grandma JoAnn at Sizzler




On Wednesday the 12th I went with my singles ward to Moab. It was really hot. Thursday it got up to 105. I didn't melt but my deodorant did. I remember as a kid going to National Parks with my family...we hiked quite a few places. This trip was spent hiking. Some of our group hiked at least three different times: morning, afternoon and at night. I like to hike but I am not that dedicated. The good thing about these super activities is the friends you make. I used to know a lot of the ward members but this past year I feel like I haven't quite reached out and met people. This trip was a good time for me to get reacquainted with people and meet new ones.

Alex, Kelsy, me and Lydia Tentmates!
We hopped in the car to cool off for a bit!
Me, Alex and Meghan at Dead Horse
My mom told me that I have been to Dead Horse but I don't remember it. This place was so beautiful. I love Southern Utah. We did a little hike...about 1.2 miles. The overlooks were gorgeous! Plus the wind was blowing so that helped us stay a little cool and we would spritz ourselves with water. 
Balanced Rock
This is called Courthouse Towers.
If you look close you can see the divots like
someone started at the top and scratched.
So cool!
On Friday we went in to Arches. I went with a group that mostly drove around the park and did the little hikes. It was perfect we would get really hot and then hop in the car roll our windows down and view the park. Pictures don't quite do Arches National Park justice. 
You'll notice my face is bright red.
It was hot!
But amazing to see.
We were planning on just doing the lookout to delicate arch but then we decided that we would hike up and see the back of the arch. It was hot but worth it. 
This is my good friend Morgan.
I am very good friends with his older sister Ali.
I had to take a picture of him because he just looks like a typical tourist:camera, backpack, water bottle.

Moab was a great trip and I was glad that I went.
Stay tuned for part two.







No comments:

Post a Comment