Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where has summer gone?

I can't believe that it is almost August. I had so many plans this summer and I dont feel like I accomplished everything. I have done a lot though. June was spent celebrating Birthdays. As you know my mom turned the big 50 and we had a HUGE party at Gailey Park. We had a huge turnout and some of the ward friends were able to meet my amazing family. We spent a lot of time celebrating. Becca is now 22 and we took a trip to Gardner's Village for the birthdays. My mom loves Gardner's Village so we got a few birds with one stone. If you have never been to Gardner's Village you need to visit. They are have a delicious restaurant in an old Silo. Cute boutiques and of course a candy shop. The candy shop has homemade fudge! We got cute rose buds and made them into earrings.

I have had the oppurtunity to get to know a family quite well that lives in my neighborhood. The Casper's live across the street from me.  You can read more about them at http://johncaspersjourney.blogspot.com Tressa is the mom and she is a very talented women. John has been struggling with Cancer for at least three years. Our neighboorhood had a yard sale for them and Will also spoke about the blog on 1280 THE ZONE. A very nice, generous annoymous man has given them two 1,000 dollar checks. The neighborhood raised at least 2,000 dollars for them. I have been constantly amazed at the out pour of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment